ATMOSPHERE OF RECOVERY
The Door Community provides recovery seeking men with a safe and friendly communal environment that nurtures an atmosphere of healthy recovery. With transparent communication and individualized recovery support, we know we can offer a sanctum with light restrictions that will help men become self-aware of their ambitions and goals while assisting them to retain their individuality. Concurrently, we’re striving to help build self-confidence, instill useful life skills, and teach the importance of giving back. Our hope is for men to achieve a life free from alcohol and drugs.
THE DOOR SOBER LIVING COMMUNITY PROGRAM:
- Mandatory attendance at AA/NA meetings.
- Frequent and unscheduled alcohol breathalyzer and urinalysis drug tests
- Weekly psychiatrist meetings for medication management or necessary refills
- Weekly “The Door Way” meetings to discuss communal interaction, individual chore, responsibility, property maintenance, growth, progression, and individual needs or wants
- Diverse opportunities for weekly activities
- Fully furnished independent rooms
- Fully furnished shared rooms
- Fully furnished individual and shared bathrooms
- Fully furnished living room (includes a TV)
- Fully furnished kitchen
- Fully equipped kitchen appliances and washer/dryer
- Includes cable, internet services, phone, and all other living utilities
- Access to “Recovery for Life” APG
- A 3,000 square foot facility exclusive to the residents and alumni of “The Door” community
- A 40” inch entertainment TV
- A 70” inch gaming TV
- Access to computers
- Classic Arcade Games
- Foosball Table
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Tables
- 12-step meetings
- Fun in Recovery Events
OUR MEN’S FACILITIES:
Located in Waco, TX, The Door Sober Living Community is just a quick drive away from Baylor University.
Waco Transit Route _ runs within a 10-minute walking distance, and after that, it is only a minor walk from the bus stop to Baylor University. Waco Transit also offers convenient bus routes around the Baylor University campus. Contact us for more information on how Waco Transit can help you plan your travel schedule.
We are within a short distance of several places of interest including the Cameron Park Zoo, Dr. Pepper Museum, The Art Museum of Waco, The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum, The Waco Mammoth National Monument and many more!
- Private Rooms Available (no more than two residents per bathroom)
- Cable and High-speed wireless Internet in every room.
- Television in every unit
- Washers & Dryers in every unit
- Fully Furnished (except for linens, towels)
OUR MEN’S LOCATION:
The Door Sober Living Community is located at James Ave. and 16th Street in Waco, TX and is comprised of six – two bedroom/two bathroom furnished apartments. Baylor University is less than a five-minute drive from The Door. The Waco Transit system offers convenient bus routes around the Baylor University Campus and throughout Waco. Contact us for more information on how Waco Transit can help you plan your schedule.
The Door is surrounded by many dining options including Schlotzsky’s, Torchy’s Tacos, Viteks BBQ, The Blasian Asian, Buzzard Billy’s, Diamondbacks, Dos Mundos Spud Shack, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, Guess Family Barbecue, Jake’s Texas Tea House, Oh My Juice!, Teriyaki Park, Twisted Root Burger Co., and many more!